Take a minute and sit back and think about what NFL tickets have allowed us to see this season. Here are a few things to ponder.
1) The New Orleans Saints are winless. What happens when a formerly potent offense, one that has set records consistently over the last five years, is coupled with what may be the worst defense in NFL history. You get an 0-3 team that’s fallen from a possible Super Bowl contender to a laughingstock.
2) On the flip side, a former laughingstock is now 3-0. The Arizona Cardinals are taking the NFL by surprise and few have noticed. Except the teams they’ve beaten.
3) The official NFL officials have taken their turn on the picket line and people are sure as hell noticing that.
4) Russell Wilson and a slew of rookie quarterbacks may be the new wave of leaders in the NFL. Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III, along with Wilson, are changing the pecking order.
5) The Green Bay Packers have lost twice as many regular season games as they did last year. Already.
Just some food for thought. But what we’re seeing now could be the new norm in the NFL.Eric Drouant