The Chicago Bears have their fans cranked up. Under Head Coach Marc Trestman, things have taken a decided turn for the better in the Windy City. Here are 7 reason the Chicago Bears will win the NFC North
Chicago Bears Tickets
1) Marc Trestman. Somehow, Trestman has the Bears believing. Even keeled, yet intense, Trestman has a plan and it’s obvious it’s working.
2) The offense of the Chicago Bears is on an upward swing that looks to continue. Chicago has a versatile running back in Matt Forte, a premiere wide receiver in Brandon Marshall, and an offensive line that begins their second season together essentially intact.
3) Jay Cutler will be even better than he was in 2013 and that’s saying something. After a season in which Cutler finished with a career high passer rating, he was signed to a long term contract. Word out of the Bears training camp is that Cutler is working harder than he ever has in his career.
4) A revamped defensive line that now includes Jarred Allen, Lamarr Houston, and Willie Young. With Jeremiah Ratliff occupying the center, the Bears will generate a better pass rush.
5) Kyle Fuller, Chicago’s 1st Round Draft choice, should take over as the nickel back and improve a terrible Bears passing defense.
6) The intangible feeling that the Chicago Bears are putting it all together, one piece at a time. The offense got a new system and a new attitude in 2013. In 2014, the defense is full of new faces and obvious problems have been addressed. When you can look at a team and understand what they’ve done and why they’ve done it, there’s a good chance you’ll see improvement. Remember, the Chicago Bears were a single play away from winning the NFC North last season. A hair better defense would have gotten them there and the Bears defense will be better in 2014.Eric Drouant