Miami Dolphins tickets haven’t delivered a playoff appearance in more than a decade but I believe firmly that they will in the 2014 NFL season. Of course you should know that I tend to be an underdog kind of guy but when I look at recent history and what’s happening in Miami I can deliver some valid reasons for my belief.
1) Last season the Dolphins were well on their way to being a playoff team but were derailed by a senseless scandal that completely blew up their offensive line. In 2014 Miami has a new set of protectors, with Brandon Albert and Shelley Smith Smith coming in as free agents and Ja’Wuan james in the draft. Let’s remember, last season’s line was terrible.
2) Knowshown Moreno comes in from Denver, bringing both a better running game and considerable pass protection skills as well.
3) The above two factors translate into more time for Ryan Tannehill. Not running for his life should make Tannehill a better quarterback, help establish the Mike Wallace connection, and increase time of possession. While Brian Hartline provides a reliable receiver, it’s vital for Wallace to become the big play man.
4) Let’s not forget Jarvis Landry, who brings another solid set of hands to the wide receivers. Let’s see, better running + more pass protection + better receivers. The Miami Dolphins now have an all around better offense.
5) Cameron Wake now has help. Olivier Vernon got everyone’s attention with 11.5 sacks last season. If Wake and Vernon return and play at their same level the Miami Dolphins pass defense takes a leap.
6) Brent Grimes should be happy with a new contract and the Dolphins signed Cortland Finnegan, who might man the other side or provide nickel service if second year man Jamar Taylor continues to improve.
The Miami Dolphins 2014 Schedule is going to be a good one and fans with Dolphins tickets will see plenty of top competition. This includes of course, the New England Patriots twice, the Buffalo Bills twice, and the New York Jets twice. The Patriots may be the only team to beat Miami twice. The Dolphins however, will also have to play the Packers, Bears, Chargers, Lions, and Denver Broncos. Don’t let that scare you. I have a sneaky feeling that the 2014 Miami Dolphins will be a surprising 9-7 or 10-6 and take some games the oddsmakers say they shouldn’t. That’s the beauty of being an underdog.